W+D’s Introduces New Generation Mail Technology at Hunkeler Innovationdays
Lenexa, US / Neuwied, Germany - March 11, 2019 - As part of the best in class in print and automation technology, W+D presented to a worldwide audience its newest developments on its flagship W+D BB-700 S2 direct mail servo inserter as well as its new W+D Halm i-Jet 2.0 for the mailing markets at Hunkeler Innovationdays.
Andrews Schipke Vice President of Sales and Marketing for W+D North America stated that ”Hunkeler Innovationdays is a great venue in Europe to show our technology to an audience who are focused on seeing the latest automation in printing and finishing to maximize their mailing efficiencies and open up new opportunities. Mailing is becoming more sophisticated with 1:1 personalization and this means more intelligent inserting and inkjet technology.”
The W+D Halm i-Jet has quickly become the market leader in the production mail inkjet envelope overprinting market with 35 presses now sold. Four orders alone were taken at the Hunkeler Innovationdays show. Powered by a Memjet production class CMYK print head, it prints at 1600 x1375 dpi at 32,000 EPH and offers the best in class consumable costs for Memjet print technology.
At HID, W+D ran live on the BB700 S2 a direct mail application with a read and print requirement highlighting its exclusive Auto Mismatch Recovery technology which automatically confirms and syncs personalized inserted materials to assure total mail package accuracy with the least amount of waste. W+D inserted not one, but two personalized products – demonstrating the superior performance and integrity of the BB700 S2 in a typical but slightly more complex direct mail application.
W+D BB700 S2 Inserting system delivers the highest net-on-the-belt numbers for complex, high value direct mail.
W+D BB700 S2 does what other inserters cannot do:
- Shape cut, undersized envelopes 4 x 5 1/2” and up to 10 x 13” envelopes
- Tight packages < ¼” total clearance
- Diverse envelope styles: cardboard mailers, baronials, diamonds
- Widest variety of feeders for coin/card affixing, notepads, stickers sheets, odd shape/ heavy booklets
- Multiple personalization – Auto Mismatch Recovery (Patent Pending)
- Multiple options for inline personalization of content and envelope -1 to 4 colors
- Batch feeding - either static or dynamic – and selectivity are standard
- Thick packs up to 6/10” and optional 1" thick package capabilities