W+D will showcase NEW haptic direct mail marketing at PRINT18
W+D, the leading direct mail solutions provider will premier several of its new "Performance Class" technologies at PRINT18, and show for the first time several new direct mail applications, including new market opportunities in direct mail using haptic marketing. Most important, W+D will showcase technologies uniquely designed to best process these new market opportunities.
"New Haptic Direct Mail Marketing" is W+D's theme for PRINT18, according to Andrew Schipke, Vice President, Sales and Marketing for W+D North America. Haptics is the use of touch in marketing. Research in the neuroscience of touch as a marketing tool has shown improvement in direct mail lift and branding, and it has now become sought in direct mail production. "Our goal is to WOW printers, mailers and envelope converters with two of our very popular W+D performance class machines, using not only our latest technology, but also cutting edge haptic direct mail applications, which will be firsts at PRINT18. Anyone involved in direct mail from the production to creative side will surely want to see this and pick-up samples."
Direct mail WOW factor W+D will be showing at PRINT18:
- New - USPS TED-C (Trailing Edge Die-Cuts) shape cut mail that has received USPS full automation rate discounts
- New - low cost photopolymer embossing technology to add haptic tactile feel to the envelope images and make inexpensive paper look very expensive.
- New - low cost foiling of the envelope
- New - ENVaCARD™ - looks like a post card but has some of the benefits of an envelope.
- New - inkjet printing over embossed finished envelopes
- New - very complex intelligent haptic direct mail piece with 1:1 color personalized messaging both on the envelope and inside, that also has a fully IMB trackable mailer and response piece
- NEW-LED UV inline flexo coating/drying solutions for new and existing machines for metallics, textures, gloss, motion, glitter and a wide variety of value-add inline enhancements for the envelope.
W+D will run its new W+D Halm I-Jet - Now the world's fastest 4+-color envelope overprint envelope press which had already been awarded a Must See'ems at the PRINT17 show, and by far is the market leader in its class in 2108. This 4+ color high speed inkjet overprint can print 32,000 #10 envelopes per hour at a very high 1600 x 1375 dpi and offers the lowest cost of ink and jetter head consumables, using Memjet's production class inkjet print engine. W+D will run on envelopes and flat sheet corporate graphics as part of
its live demonstrations, showing its very high static and variable print capability on plain white wove paper.
W+D will also be running its new BB700 S2 performance class inserter live at the show with a very unique read and print direct mail application on a USPS full automation rate approved shape-cut envelope. Each
envelope and content will be tracked, and 1:1 color personalized messaging will be added both inside
and out. The unique W+D BB700 S2 read and print system, which also incorporates a Lake Image Discovery
camera and print solution, ensures that the correct variable information, graphics and addresses are printed on the correct matching envelopes with minimal interruptions, and that the full direct mail package,
including the return BRE, is totally IMB trackable. It is the perfect solution to increase throughputs, minimize waste and mitigate risks for highly intelligent mail pieces.
W+D BB700 S2 Inserting system delivers the highest net-on-the-belt numbers for complex, high value direct mail and can do what other inserters cannot.
W+D will be demonstrating at the show:
- Shape cut, undersized envelopes 4 x 5 1/2" and up to 10 x 13" envelopes
- Tight packages < ¼" total clearance
- Diverse envelope styles: cardboard mailers, baronials, diamonds
- Widest variety of feeders for coin/card affixing, notepads, stickers sheets, odd shape/heavy booklets
- Multiple personalization - Auto Mismatch Recovery (Patent Pending)
- Multiple options for inline personalization of content and envelope -1 to 4 colors
- Batch feeding - either static or dynamic - and selectivity are standard
- Thick packs up to 6/10" and optional 1" thick package capability
The New W+D 410 Easy Enveloper envelope converting system will be highlighted with video and a variety of new haptic shape and embossed envelope samples that have been run on the W+D 410. The W+D 410 Easy Enveloper offers complete size and window change overs in under 30 minutes for direct mail envelopes like #6-3/4, #9, #10 and 6 x 9 ½" envelopes on coated or uncoated stock that runs at speeds of 500 envelopes per minute by operators without prior envelope adjuster experience. The 410 Easy Enveloper also embraces new technology that makes conversion of digital printed sheets a reality without traditional high die cutting
or unacceptable waste factors. The W+D 410 has now become the new standard for high quality shorter run direct mail for commercial direct mail printers as well as envelope converters.
All of latest "W+D Empowering the Envelope" innovations can be seen in
Booth 1641 at Print18.